Day 50: Paint by Numbers

healthcaremap

While you are waiting for the CBO to tell everyone just how terrible TrumpCare will be for Americans, you may want to read the bill itself (I know, you don’t). I’m not reading it either but I did fact check a strange claim I saw on Twitter. It’s true. The bill does actually spend a good 5 percent of its text insuring that lottery winners are not allowed to collect state insurance subsidies. If you want to learn about the other 95 percent, there’s a quite detailed report (‘detailed’ is short for ‘I haven’t read that either’) that estimates the plan will force 15 million Americans off the insurance rolls. For something more accessible, the New York Times has this analysis of the where, who and how of this kleptocratic conspiracy.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s